Cloudnet-derived ice water content
- Source: Mira 35s cloud radar
- Descriptive Instrument location: The instrument is part of the LACROS facility that was installed at the TROPOS field site of Melpitz, approximately 40 km NE of Leipzig.
- Source: Model COSMO-EU
- Descriptive Instrument location: COSMO-EU model output for the gridpoint of Leipzig, approx. 40 km SW of Melpitz.
- Level: 4
- Updated Version: 0
- File format: NetCDF3_CLASSIC
- Convention: CF-1.6
- Average File Size Uncompressed: 20 Mb
- File name: hopm_lac_cln00_l4_iwc_v[VV]_[YYYYMMDDhhmmss].nc
- Start: 2013-09-07
- End: 2013-10-21
|| time, height
|| mass concentration of frozen water in air
|| kg m-3
Leibniz Institute for Tropospheric Research, Leipzig
Patric Seifert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For non-commercial use only. This data is subject to the HD(CP)2 data policy to be found at hdcp2.zmaw.de and in the HD(CP)2 Observation Data Product Standard.
In addition the data is subject to the Data Protocol Agreement between ACTRIS and HD(CP)2 for the common use of Cloudnet products:
1. Both ACTRIS and HD(CP)2 scientific steering committees (SSCs) agree, that all Cloudnet products are substantial for multiple
applications in atmospheric science related to cloud-processes and should thus be made easily and freely available to atmospheric scientists world-wide.
2. The original and citable Cloudnet data from all ACTRIS and HD(CP)2 atmospheric observatories (AO or termed supersites) are
available through the Cloudnet web site (http://www.cloud-net.org) or the ACTRIS data centre (http://actris.nilu.no/). Currently,
Cloudnet data is created locally on the respective AO server and then transferred to the Cloudnet server in Reading, UK.
3. An exception to 2.) are the Cloudnet data from the atmospheric observatories LACROS (Leipzig), JOYCE (Juelich) and RAO (Lindenberg)
during the course of HD(CP)2. Currently HD(CP)2 is developing an Observation Data Product Standard for its atmospheric column, respectively
full-domain data needed for the HD(CP)2 numerical model evaluation and improvement. The main motivation for this is to provide easy access
to data from the HD(CP)2 domain in unified formats from one server. HD(CP)2 data will be made available via the ICDC data center (icdc.zmaw.de) in Hamburg.
4. Cloudnet data created at the 3 AOs mentioned above shall be additionally stored in HD(CP)2 compliant file format under the following conditions only.
o HD(CP)2-compliant files acknowledge the Cloudnet data origin explicitly in the header in an adequate way.
o If Cloudnet data is locally reprocessed and sent to the Cloudnet server, the HD(CP)2 compliant Cloudnet files are also simultaneously recreated
and linked with ICDC.
o Download statistics of data containing Cloudnet products are created through ICDC once HD(CP)2-compliant Cloudnet files become available.
These statistics will be regularly made available to the ACTRIS and HD(CP)2 SSCs to document the use of Cloudnet data.
5. If the above conditions are met during the first phase of HD(CP)2, the HD(CP)2-compliant Cloudnet files may be produced for other AOs in the
HD(CP)2 domain. This is subject to the agreement of both ACTRIS and HD(CP)2 SSCs.
6. In the future, ACTRIS and HD(CP)2 agree on an effort towards a unified Cloudnet data portal of all European AOs, strongly linked to the
activities already on-going with the US partners from ARM/DOE.