Access data via file system
Unix + Linux
Within the CEN network direct access to our data sets via file system is possible through the path /data/icdc on all CEN Unix workstations and servers. This path is mounted automatically, so it is ready to use.
On mistral, the data are also available under /pool/data/ICDC.
It is also possible to access these data sets via Windows:
1. Click "Start" > "(My) Computer"
If not available, open Windows Explorer (right click on "Start" > "Explore") and click on "Computer" > you see the hard drives
2. Choose "Tools" - "Map network drive" from top menu
3. Choose drive letter (e.g. Z:)
4. Insert \\cifs.isi2.cen.uni-hamburg.de\icdc in the empty "Folder:" field
5. If you want to add this drive permanently, click "Reconnect at logon"
6. Now you can access the data via the chosen drive letter (e.g. Z:).
Mac OS X
Under Mac OS X you can also map this drive:
1. Open Terminal (Programme- Dienstprogramme - Terminal)
2. Enter the following term:
mount -t smbfs //uXXXXXX@cifs.isi2.cen.uni-hamburg.de/icdc icdc
3. Enter Password and press Enter
4. Now you can access the data via the folder icdc in your home directory.
5. To unmount it: umount icdc