RESTRICTED only accessable in CEN/MPI net or via CliSAP login What does that mean?
Data access via file system: /data/icdc/society/eurobarometer/DATA
The survey data set Standard Eurobarometer was launched in 1974. Each survey consists of approximately 1000 interviews per country (see list of countries below). The results are published twice a year, but we only offer the standard Eurobarometer 86 from November 2016. It contains standard trend questions on
- living conditions, important political issues, trust in institutions, democracy satisfaction, perception of and attitudes towards the European Union and European Unification, European Union knowledge
- the Europe 2020 strategy (policy priorities)
- impact of the economic crisis on the job market, policy measures against the financial and economic crisis
- European Citizenship, citizen rights and identification
- media use (press, radio, television, internet, online social media)
- political information on national and european matters
- political participation and general political attitudes
The questionnaire can be downloaded from GESIS. Also important are the information on weighting the cases.
Further results since 1974 can be downloaded from the Europian Commission website and from GESIS.
This data set was downloaded in SPSS and STATA format. It was converted by ICDC to ASCII (by means of the Python library savReaderWriter, CliSAP users can get the code readSPSSfile.py from the SCRIPTS directory) to simplify the usage without proprietary software.
The data set was included into the ICDC data holding on: June 15,2017
32896 cases of 730 variables from the topics mentioned under Description
European Commission, Brussels; Directorate General Communication COMM.A.1 ´Strategic Communication´
GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences (archive release data set and DDI documentation), http://www.gesis.org/
Name: Remon Sadikni
Institute: CliSAP / CEN / ICDC
Email: remon.sadikni (at) uni-hamburg.de
Please use the following data citation:
European Commission, Brussels (2017): Eurobarometer 86.2 (2016). TNS opinion, Brussels [producer]. GESIS Data Archive, Cologne. ZA6788 Data file Version 1.2.0, doi:10.4232/1.12801